- Beardon, H., Munyampeta, F., Rout S. and Maiso Williams, G. ICT for Development, Empowerment or Exploitation: Learning from the Reflect ICTs project. ActionAid. (2005) http://www.actionaid.org.uk/1413/ict_for_development_empowerment_or_exploitation.html
- Beaudouin-Lafon, M. Instrumental interaction: an interaction model for designing post-WIMP user interfaces. in Proc. of the CHI '00. ACM Press, (2000) 446–453.
- Beaudouin-Lafon, M and Mackay, W. Reification, polymorphism and reuse: three principles for designing visual interfaces. in Proc. of AVI '0). (2000) ACM Press ,102-109.
- Bizer, C., Heath, T. and Berners-Lee, T. Linked Data – The Story So Far. International. Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, 2009.
- Bunt, A., Conati, C., and McGrenere, J. Supporting interface customization using a mixed-initiative approach. In Proc. of IUI '07. (2007) ACM Press. 92-101.
- [Di90] Dix, A. (1990). Information processing, context and privacy. in Proc. of INTERACT'90, (1990) North-Holland. 15–20. http://hcibook.com/papers/int90/
- [DP94] Dix, A. and Patrick, A. (1994). Query By Browsing. Proc. of IDS'94: The 2nd International Workshop on User Interfaces to Databases, (Lancaster, UK, 1994), Springer Verlag. 236–248. http://hcibook.com/alan/papers/QbB-IDS94/
- Dix, A. Beyond intention – pushing boundaries with incidental interaction. Proc. of Building Bridges: Interdisciplinary Context-Sensitive Computing, (Glasgow University, 9 Sept 2002) http://hcibook.com/alan/papers/beyond-intention-2002/
- Dix, A. 2007. Designing for appropriation. In Proc. of HCI2007 Volume 2. (2007). BCS, 27–30. http://www.bcs.org/content/conWebDoc/13347
- Dix, A., Kozhissery, R., Ravichandran, R. and Dayanand, D. Content Development Through the Keyhole. in Proc. of EISE2009, Expressive Interaction for Sustainability and Empowerment, (2009) 67–78. http://hcibook.com/alan/papers/EISE2009-Keyhole/
- Höök, K. Steps to take before intelligent user interfaces become real. Interacting with Computers, 12 (2000) 409--426,.
- Jensen, R. The Digital Provide: Information (Technology), Market Performance, and Welfare in the South Indian Fisheries Sector, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 122(3), (2007) 879–924.
- Leigh, J. and Wood, D. RDFa as a Query Language. Semantic Technology Conference. (June 2010)
- MacLean, A., Carter, K., Lövstrand, L., and Moran, T.. User-tailorable systems: pressing the issues with buttons. In Proc. CHI '90. (1990) ACM Press, 1990, 175–182
- Marsden, G. Overcoming Design and Execute Modes in User Interface Design Environments. in Proc. of HCI 95 people and Computers (1995), 133-137
- Marsden, G., Maunder, A. and Parker, M. People are people, but technology is not technology. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A (2008) 366, 3795–3804.
- Mobile Design Dialog. (Cambridge. 3–4 April 2008)
Mobile Design Dialog discussion: http://mobiledesigndialog.nexo.com/
- Nardi, B.and Miller, J. An ethnographic study of distributed problem solving in spreadsheet development. In Proceedings of the 1990 ACM conference on Computer-supported cooperative work (CSCW '90). (1990) ACM, Press, 197–208.
- Nielsen, J. Heuristic evaluation. In Nielsen, J., and Mack, R.L. (Eds.), Usability Inspection Methods, (1994) John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA.
- Winter School on Interactive Technologies. (HP Labs in Bangalore, 2nd & 3rd February 2009). UK-India Network on Interactive Technologies. http://www.ukinit.org/02122008/winter-school-interactivetechnologies
Figure 1. Screw Metaphor from 
(a) screw in – UI (b) screw out – metaUI
Figure 2. Mac OS Dashboard widget
(a) front – UI (b) back– metaUI
Figure 3. Wall Stud Detector